History of St. Paul's Episcopal School
In September of 1956, St. Paul’s Episcopal Day School first opened its doors to the Waco community thanks to the vision and determination of the school's founder, Mrs. Spencer Neville Brown. Mrs. Brown’s dream of a school with exemplary standards and Christian values for her daughter, Maria Brown, became the foundation on which St. Paul’s was built.
Mrs. Robert L. Reese was the school’s first principal and primary teacher. Soon after opening, Waco’s premier preschool grew to serve children through the third grade. To accommodate a growing enrollment, St. Paul’s added an expanded educational wing in the 1960’s. In the fall of 1971, a new building opened for grades one through five the first year. The school added sixth grade the following year.
The Carolyn Haluska Memorial Library was created in the 1980’s. In the nineties, St. Paul’s added a state-of-the-art computer lab, which was updated in 2001, 2004, and again in 2017.
In the summer of 2005, the current academic building underwent a major reconstruction to bring the school to a higher standard. Since then, we have reconfigured our downstairs area twice to accomodate a growing enrollment in our preschool program. Presently, St. Paul's serves children ages 18 months through 6th grade.
St. Paul’s Episcopal School is proud to have led the way in private education in the Waco community for over 64 years and counting.